FASTER & MORE CONSISTENT INSTALLATIONS
BK Semi Premium Coupling
The BK uses the field-proven buttress thread. The BK buttress threads are modified to be tight fitting, low stress, and fatigue resistant.
*Check BK-HT if the desired size or weight is not available on the BK Data Sheet menu
- BK® SAVES YOU TIME & MONEY.
- BK operates quickly and smoothly, reducing your
run time per well, and your overall production costs.
- Advanced Relief Groove ensures more threads are engaged for maximum sealing.
- The thread roots interlock and overlap at the center of the coupling to prevent couplings from turning.
- The thicker midpoint cross-sectional area provides additional coupling strength.
- 100% yield pressure strength
- The coupling is designed to prevent yielding and deformation from high frac pressures.
- 10K+ monthly installs
- Over 10,000 couplings installed each month
- 27+ Wells per month Servicing over 27 wells monthly
- Over 8 million+ Feet Installed Over 7 million feet of couplings have been installed overall
BK DATA SHEETS
BK - FX CONNECTION
The FX’s thicker coupling and integral shoulder handles higher frac pressures and supports thicker pipe walls with 100% matched strength.
- FX uses a Modified Buttress thread
- Tighter and better sealing from a minimized thread gap. Tighter threads keep the pin nose seal stable and firmly in place.
- A Stronger coupling
- The FX coupling shoulder provides a positive torque-stop which promotes good make ups and it’s immune to coupling turning issues. Stresses from the mill end and field end are isolated from one another for better over-torque protection.
- MORE EFFICIENT
- Better threading techniques and coupling coatings allow for a quick and low cost installation, reducing the run time per well.
- Reliable Materials
- Unlike first generation drilling with casing connections, the BK-FX addresses the problems such as stress induced corrosion and embrittlement. FX tackles these issues by using low hoop stress and controlled hardness couplings.
BK-FX DATA SHEETS
The BK-HT uses a thicker coupling with a larger OD to increase strength and torque resistance. The HT also provides more strength when utilizing high-collapse or enhanced burst strength pipe.
- Higher Torque. The BK-HT uses a thicker coupling with a larger OD to increase strength and torque resistance. The thicker coupling can take higher frac pressures and supports thicker wall pipe with 100% matched pipe strength. It also provides more strength when utilizing high collapse
or enhanced burst strength pipe.
- Third Generation The BK-HT was designed for Frac Strings unlike first generation designs which were primarily for drilling with casing in shallow vertical wells. BK-HT, BK-FX and BK are interchangeable.
- Buttress Compatible BTC compatible for cost savings on hangars, float shoes, float collars, crossovers and custom tools.
- Self Centering Anti Rotation Feature A Patented Anti Rotation feature prevents the coupling from turning past center during make up with a thread interlock. It acts as a torque shoulder and prevents splitting a coupling by over- torqueing the connection.
- Better Buttress Sealing Uses a modified buttress thread for tighter thread sealing and pin nose seal stabilization. The larger Coupling OD can take higher frac pressures and supports thicker wall pipe with 100% matched pipe strength. It also provides more strength when utilizing high collapse or enhanced burst strength pipe.
- Strength Pin nose to pin nose contacts allows for higher bending loads and structural compressive loads while maintaining sealing. A low hoop stress design reduces the chance of coupling splits and leaks from high frac pressures. The smooth premium pin nose bore is tapered with edge breaks to prevent hang ups. More reliable than API BTC or API BTC with torque rings.
- Reliable Materials Unlike first generation drilling with casing connections, the BK-HT addresses the problems that have caused couplings to fail. Low hoop stress and controlled hardness couplings are utilized to reduce the chance of stress induced corrosion and embrittlement. Better impact strength increases resistance to cold water fracs, mild sour environments and saltwater/brinewater.